SEARCH REGION

Custom Search

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

KANU:WENGER CHANGED MY LIFE

Nigeria's Super Eagles captain,Nwankwo Kanu has hailed Arsene Wenger for offering him the chance to revive his career after his heart operation.
The Nigeria legend is grateful to Arsenal manager Wenger, who signed him from Inter in 1998 and helped him bounce back to form and continue his career at the highest level.
The 32-year-old Kanu feels the Frenchman is the reason why he is still a Premier League star.
“I owe him a lot because he believed in me,” Kanu told Canal+. “He gave me self confidence and faith. And I think I paid him back because I did very well with Arsenal.
“We were all together, like a family during this period, and I scored special goals, especially against Chelsea, three in 15 minutes.
“He gave me the chance to have fun playing football and permitted me to dream on.” Kanu added that his current club Portsmouth have a united group that can be compared to the one he was part of at Highbury.
“I feel great because I have found the same atmosphere than at Arsenal here,” he said. “This state of mind resembles Arsenal’s and helped us win things.”

No comments: